"biomechanics as style"
2005 * 2007 * 2008 :
* monologues pages : acting1 & acting3
* one act fest
(c)2004 * New graphic files (mostly from the Bakhrushin Theatre Museum, Moscow) *
flickr audition photos ? resumes pool?
cast and casting
... forms & biomechanics.vtheatre.net/doc
... After Auditions Thoughts
Total Actor Files [2009 & After]
Every weekend (Sat.) different locations
[ forms ] lul.vtheatre.net
* some actors are invited for callbacks
* tech positions
Presenting Company at 9.11.2009 [promo for season shows, preview by new actors]
1.27.07 -- R/G are Dead : audition Jan. 26 2008 [ sides ]
Backstage page @ acting2 group
Your reflections on your auditions (at least one page) in journal
Script --> Role (Part)
"Paper acting" -- monologue study = character study
forms for self-evaluation
Analysis -- working with yourself on yourself!
Auditions -- Sept. calendar
resume page -- students directory @ film-north ("actors" page)
SHOWS : Audition -- Director's POV ?
... Audition Portfolio [ video resume ] web + vids pages (new)
* Breakdowns are unique pages offering detailed characters descriptions of acting roles. They list the name of the project, it's type (film, tv, commercial...), the characters' physics (male / female, age range, ethnicity...) and other general information about the audition (time, date, location, salary...).
* Sides are unique pages, usually taken out of a script in order to help the actor prepare for the audition. The sides are the most important thing that helps the actor to rehearse the part. They are usually sent by the casting office to the actor or to his/her representative. In some cases the actor can download them himself as a pdf or word format, and print them.
[ links ]
Announcements [ LUL newsletter ]
Available positions -- descriptions are at direct.vtheatre.net [list]
Cold Reading :
"Cold reading" is a term used by actors and other performers in theatre, television, film, and performance fields. A cold reading is a reading aloud from a script or other text without any rehearsal, practice or study in advance.Lul Teatr 2010 LINKS : auditions advise from UK
Cold readings are employed frequently in actor auditions, to allow the employer or playwright to get a general idea of their performing capabilities. They are also used for performance classes and by playwrights who need to hear their play read aloud by actors. Many actors and other performers and public speakers take classes and practice at length to improve the quality of their cold readings.
[ wikipedia ]
* IMPROV2008 -- list :
in class notes ... feedback.
subjects : scene study * actor's text * mise-en-scene * stage & chronotope * 5+ Approaches to Acting *
audition pages in Biomethod & Acting3
After 2008 -- TypeCasting : a few notes
Lesson #60 or 90 min
Class Project (after the midterm)
1. review (previous class)
3. new key terms & definitions
4. monologues & scenes
5. issues & topics
6. questions, discussion, analysis
7. in class work
9. improv & games
12. online, journals
An online course supplement * Film-North * Anatoly Antohin * eCitations *
© 2005 by vtheatre.net. Permission to link to this site is granted. books.google.com + scholar.google.com | acting amazon cast[ing] in direct.vtheatre.net
biomechanics home: appendix * links * new * biblio * references * list * notes * faq * dictionary * glossary * popup * students * archive * flickr * acthome * virtual theatre domains * store-theatre * video * books * store-acting * google.com/group/acting2 * [ I ] [ II ] [ III ] [ IV ] calendar | * my live.com/theatre * Lul Teatr
Live Writing Advice